Integral Tai Chi- The Ten-Forms Integral Tai Chi empowers us to channel our energy more efficiently. Essentially, the Ten-Forms combine yoga, Tai Chi, and Qi Gong movements. It has been developed as a way to induce physical wellness, sharpen mental focus, and train meditative awareness through a combination of exercise, breathing, relaxation, visualization, and meditation techniques. CompaSS San Jose is currently offering free Integral Tai Chi classes. Times and locations are indicated on their web site.
Why try Tai Chi?
- Integral Tai Chi is My New Depression/ Fibromyalgia Pain Drug of Choice! – my foggy brain post
- Tai Chi Reported to Ease Fibromyalgia – NY Times article
- Fibromyalgia? Try Tai Chi – CNN article
Feldenkrais – Awareness Through Movement class (Richard Urrutia, M.A. GCFP)
- Kaiser San Jose (408.972.3340) – Call for schedule
- Milpitas Sports Center (408.586.3225) – Thursdays 1:30 – 2:30
- Santa Clara Adult Education (408.423.3500) – http://www.santaclaraadulted.org
Therapeutic Pool / Spa – Timpany Center- San Jose
The Timpany Center is best known for the therapeutic qualities of our warm-water pool. The indoor pool is heated year-round to 92°F and features a zero-foot entry with a ramp and progressive steps. Shallow areas are 2-4 feet deep, and the deep end is 8 feet deep. The pool has designated lanes for Slow Walking, Walking/Slow Swimming, and Fast Swimming.