I created a few different journal pages to help me track my progress, you are welcome to use… I hope it helps you!
- MyFoggyBrain’s Wellness Workbook – Journaling Your Way to a Healthier Life!
- MyFoggyBrain Daily Pain Journal Template2
Here are some “best of” compilation pages:
- PainDoctor.Com’s Best Fibromyalgia Blogs of 2014
- 50 Great Blogs for Fibromyalgia Support
- 100 Best Sites for Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Information
- ProHealth’s Popular Fibromyalgia Blogs
- Five Top Blogs About Fibromyalgia
- Health.com’s 8 Best Fibromyalgia Blogs and Websites
For pain relief… laughter is the best medicine!
- The Bloggess: Like Mother Theresa, Only Better – I write for Good Mom/Bad Mom on the Houston Chronicle but I need an uncensored space to say the f-word and talk about ninjas. If you know me in real life you might not want to be here
Knowledge Center: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain & Depression
- Chronic Pain explained in 5 minutes or less. This video is amazing and anyone with chronic pain should watch this–> Understanding Pain: What to do about it in less than five minutes?
- FibroGuide: Take the time to check out this link, it’s not just a guide, it’s an application that provides personalized steps to help resolve the specific symptoms you are struggling with (including tips, worksheets and audio exercises!). This Symptom Management Program for People Living with Fibromyalgia was adapted from the ongoing work in patient education for Fibromyalgia led by David A. Williams, PhD, within the Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center (CPFRC) at the University of Michigan
- Network – Our mission is to provide you with ad-free, patient-focused information that you can use today. All of our educational materials, including each issue of the Fibromyalgia Network Journal, monthly eNews Alerts, brochures, awareness items, and other patient resources are as accurate as possible. We base information on published scientific findings. Many of our original articles are reviewed and edited by the experts for accuracy.
- Nat’l Fibromyalgia Association – The National Fibromyalgia Association is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to develop and execute programs dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with fibromyalgia.
- ABC Pain Management: There is a vast amount of information on pain management on this site that ABC news has put together ranging from the latest news provided in videos and news links to links to Medical Universities & Hospitals that link you directly to the Pain Specialists:
- New York Times Health Guide: Fibromyalgia – a wealth of information from diagnosis to treatments to latest news, clinical trial, etc.
- WebMD’s Fibromyalgia Health Center: Latest headlines and top stories, a guide to Fibromyalgia with symptoms, diagnosis, treatment & care, home remedies and finding help, related illnesses.
- Understanding Fibromyalgia – Once you better understand what fibromyalgia means, you can work to alleviate the pain and fatigue characteristic of the condition. Learn why you’re experiencing these symptoms and what you can do to resolve them.
- American Pain Society – The American Pain Society is a multidisciplinary community that brings together a diverse group of scientists, clinicians and other professionals to increase the knowledge of pain and transform public policy and clinical practice to reduce pain-related suffering.
- Kaiser Permanente Healthy Lifestyle Programs – there are links along the left hand side of this page that will take you to a wealth of information. You do not have to be a Kaiser member to take advantage of this information.
Knowledge Center: Insomnia & Sleep Hygiene
- 42 Simple Tips to Getting to Sleep – They’re all designed to help you deal with the tension, stress and anxiety that lead to insomnia, so that you can enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- 100 Tips for Coping with Fibromyalgia and Insomnia –
Knowledge Center: Meditation and Relaxation for Chronic Pain
- Meditation for Chronic Pain – Countless studies indicate that meditation can be a boon for people who live with chronic pain. Mindfulness meditation offers the practitioner a choice of where to direct a patient’s mental attention. This method of dealing with pain complements standard medical treatment by diminishing negative psychological responses to pain and assisting the patient with intentionally influencing his or her experience of pain.
- Kaiser Permanente Meditation Downloads – Kaiser offers meditation downloads for free that are excellent! I definitely recommend that you take advantage of these
- Clear Mind Meditation Techniques – site dedicated to providing practical meditation and mental training techniques. This site has a ton of great information!
- Mindfulness Meditation Practice with Jon Kabat-Zinn – Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D. is internationally known for his work as a scientist, writer, and meditation teacher engaged in bringing mindfulness into the mainstream of medicine and society. You can also find his books at most on-line stores (Ipurchaseda couple books from amazon for my kindle).
- Hypnosis, Meditation, and Relaxation for Pain Treatment – Stress and pain are intimately related. When being in pain causes stress or being stressed worsens pain, psychological therapies — including hypnosis, meditation, and relaxation — may help break the cycle.
- Tai Chi
- Integral Tai Chi is My New Depression/ Fibromyalgia Pain Drug of Choice! – my foggy brain post
- Tai Chi Reported to Ease Fibromyalgia – NY Times article
- Fibromyalgia? Try Tai Chi – CNN article
- FibroHaven’s Relaxation Techniques for Pain Control – Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1997,Danette has been learning to live well with it ever since. In 2008 she founded FibroHaven Support Foundation, creating a community of compassion, understanding, and healing for those learning to live well with chronic illness.