Today’s Prompt: 5 Challenges & 5 Small Victories. Make a list of the 5 most difficult parts of your health focus. Make another top 5 list for the little, good things (small victories) that keep you going.
You’ll notice pain is not in my list of 5 challenges. I can deal with the pain, it’s all the stuff that comes with it that makes my life hell. Pain doesn’t feel good, it’s not a friend. But… it’s physical. I can work with it most of the time. What is difficult are all the side effects that come along for the ride. I think my list is pretty self explanatory. I’m sure those of you with chronic pain can relate.
Never good to dwell on the negative. So, let’s focus on the positive. What are my 5 most recent victories?
- Writing this blog. This is a huge victory. I’m on day 27 and I haven’t missed a day yet. How awesome is that?
- Digging into my digestive issues. Tests, tests and more tests. I haven’t given up, although extremely frustrated, I’m determined to keep going until I finally get some answers. My victory here is eliminating all the things I could have had!
- Accepting that my pain is at a point where I need to make a change. I’m making a change. Today.
- I made dinner… yes, it was only one time. This is a pretty big deal in my house for me and I did it, giving me a tad bit more confidence for the next time.
- I started making 1001 cranes… and I have an idea for the design.
Well, here’s to five more victories next week! Have a great week-end and remember no matter how bad things seem, you deserve a pat on the back for your victories big or small.
- Day 5: Ekphrasis Post… WHAT? Ekphrawhatis? (myfoggybrain.wordpress.com)
- My Wishes That Came True.
- This Too Shall Pass… I am Blessed
Reblogged this on InspiredWeightloss!.