Today I was reading an article in Medscape entitled, “Fibromyalgia: The Latest in Diagnosis and Care“. I, like many of your I’m sure, have an extremely short attention span. For one reason or another I actually read this entire article… and thank goodness for that! At the very end Dr. Clauw states, “FibroGuide is a free CBT program for FM patients that has been shown to be effective in a clinical trial and can give patients access to CBT treatments to which they might not otherwise have access“.
While reading I realized it’s a good time to remind every one of some resources that have helped me and may, in turn, help you. So enjoy and I hope this information helps you in some small or even better BIG way!
All of these resources, and much, much more, are available on my Tools & Resources page:
FibroGuide: Take the time to check out this link, it’s not just a guide, it’s an application that provides personalized steps to help resolve the specific symptoms you are struggling with at a given time (including tips, worksheets and audio exercises!). This Symptom Management Program for People Living with Fibromyalgia was adapted from the ongoing work in patient education for Fibromyalgia led by David A. Williams, PhD, within the Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center (CPFRC) at the University of Michigan.
Knowledge Center: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain & Depression
- About.com: Fibromyalgia & CFS – This blog stands alone… the absolute best Fibromyalgia/ Chronic Fatigue information online! If you aren’t familiar with Adrienne Dellwo, I highly recommend you check out her Facebook page and subscribe to her news!
- Chronic Pain explained in 5 minutes or less. This video is amazing and anyone with chronic pain should watch this–> Understanding Pain: What to do about it in less than five minutes?
Here are some “best of” compilation pages:
- 15 Best Fibromyalgia Blogs of 2014
- PainDoctor.Com’s Best Fibromyalgia Blogs of 2014
- 50 Great Blogs for Fibromyalgia Support
- 100 Best Sites for Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Information
- ProHealth’s Popular Fibromyalgia Blogs
- Five Top Blogs About Fibromyalgia
- Health.com’s 8 Best Fibromyalgia Blogs and Websites
I created a couple different journal pages to help me track my progress, you are welcome to use… I hope it helps you!
- MyFoggyBrain’s Wellness Workbook – Journaling Your Way to a Healthier Life!
- MyFoggyBrain Daily Pain Journal Template2
For pain relief… laughter is the best medicine! @TheBlogess is AWESOME and when I am down, nothing makes me laugh more than when I read her blog…
- The Bloggess: Like Mother Theresa, Only Better – “I wrote for the Houston Chronicle, but I needed an uncensored space to say the f-word and talk about ninjas so I started this blog. I tweet a lot. Also, I can balance live cats on my head but no one will pay me for it. Yet. My book(Let’s Pretend This Never Happened) debuted at #1 on the NYT best-seller list. I assure you, no one was more surprised about this than me.“